Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Good Bye Georgia!



Well its official...we have started the trip!  My emotions were all over the map!  The weekend prior to us leaving, there was a ton of stuff to be finished.  We had to move everything to storage, load the camper, transfer all the food to the camper, mount the bicycle hitch and all the bikes, clean the house for the renters and a lot more that I am sure that I am forgetting.  During this period, we were both exhausted and running on empty towards the end of the day.  I found myself thinking over and over -Are we doing the right thing?  Can we really pull this off?  Is this the right thing for our children? 

We left the house @ 2:15 pm and we scrambled our way through the city of Atlanta just in time to miss the rush hour traffic.  Of course, we couldn't leave Atlanta without the usual accident just north of the 285 perimeter!  We drove from Atlanta, to just north of Charlotte, North Carolina.  The kids watched movies with the head phones on and Karen & I chatted about the fact that we were actually doing it!  We ended up boondocking, a term for camping with no amenities, in the Walmart parking lot for the night.

One last note: All items in the camper should be securely fastened!  Live and learn. 

2 comments:

  1. We are next! Thank you for giving us this opportunity to see what it could be like for us. I am so thrilled for you, I could jump up and down !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I can keep up with you guys. Have a blast and make a lifetime of memories! Wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete