Friday, April 29, 2011

Last week of work!


Well here we are, the last day of work and only 3 days to departure! Its really been a week of reminiscing about the past 17 years with the same company. I got to spend time with people I haven't seen in awhile (I was a Service manager @ 4 different Dealerships all owned by the same company) and also see peoples true feelings as I began to wind down the last week of work.  I found myself becoming very emotional as people came up to wish me farewell and others offered to pray for me.  I'm leaving a company that I truly enjoyed going to work everyday. They threw a going away party for me and my general manager said some nice words and presented me with a $500 check for diesel fuel!  The check we are holding is a great novelty item I will keep forever.  Heck it means more to me than the actual money. We also managed to dodge several tornadoes that blew through a few days ago.  Karen, my wife, was worried that we would wake up and the trailer would be laying on its side in the yard! The storms are gone and the trailer is in the upright postion so we are shooting for Sunday the 31st as our leave time.

No comments:

Post a Comment