Friday, April 15, 2011

Getting close to go time.


 
Well we are two weeks out now and things are moving at a hectic pace.  I have finalized the installation of the 2nd fuel tank in the bed of the truck.  I took it to the gas station and put $100 dollars in it and it only filled the bottom 1/3 of the tank up!  I opened the petcock and the fuel transferred into the factory fuel neck and the gauge in the truck slowly climbed.  I have been driving for the last 2 days and the fuel gauge in the truck is still pegged in the full position.  This will allow us to fill both tanks (115 Gallons) and all we have to do is keep an eye on the gas gauge and when it starts to move we know the big tank in the bed is empty.  I also had a good friend of mine named Denny, refinish the steering wheel in my truck as the leather was wearing through.  He came to me and dyed the leather back to the factory look and feel and I promptly bought him a nice lunch!  Thanks Denny!  Our bicycle rack showed up in the mail today so my son Bryson tore the packaging open and proceeded to help me put it together.  He is growing up fast and is so excited about anything to do with tools or cars.  Well we have 2 weeks left and a lot to do but it will all be worth it when we finally leave the house and hit the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment