Friday, June 17, 2011

Cape Cod!

440 Clone Superbird Convertible

Matching # Charger R/T
1970 AAR Cuda Matching # Car








Zoom in to see the seal!  Wish I had my zoom Lens with me.


The water was cold!


Kaylee is turning into quite the artist!




Well, up until Cape Cod, we have been on a real tight schedule.  It took its toll on us as we toured Boston!  Everyone kind of ran out of gas at the same time.  Even Karen was tired and wanted a day off from exploring, so we took a day off around the campground.  We got up, Karen had a hair appointment and I took the kids to Walmart to look at some toys and to buy a few groceries.  Bryson found a giant Styrofoam airplane and Kaylee bought some modeling clay.  After picking Mom up from her hair appointment, I passed a house on the way home with several nice cars out front.  I turned around and went up to the house and struck up a conversation with the owner of the cars. He gladly let me snap some pics and even offered to sell them to me. Karen wasn't to keen on that though. The rest of the day was spent flying the plane with Bryson and watching Kaylee sculpt things out of clay! 

Enough Rest! Time to head to Cape Cod!  We got up early and loaded everyone into the truck and headed east.  First stop was Marconi Beach with Norman and the kids!  The beach was beautiful and they had a blast. We walked the beach and just hung out for an hour or so.  We even managed to spot some seals swimming in the waters just off shore. From here we traveled to Providence Town or as they call it "P-Town."  It was interesting to say the least!  The kids were oblivious to the..... lets call it alternative lifestyles all around them.  We had to keep them steered in the right direction going through all the shops as some were a little too suggestive for them.  Kaylee kept asking "what does the name on that store mean?" or "why can't we go in there?"  We ate lunch at "Burger Queen" because it was the cheaper choice with the kids!  We finished the day out stopping at various beaches and small shops then finally landing back at the campground around 9:00pm. I think tomorrow will be another lazy day around the camp.

1 comment:

  1. Cape Cod is one of my favorite places in New England. I'm from NH and it is definitely my favorite beach to visit. It's great you were able to take your kids here on your amazing adventure. Burger Queen is actually one of my favorite places to eat in the area. Sure there are fancier places to eat but I've been getting a burger and fries there since I was a kid and it always brings back great memories. Almost time to book the Cape Cod vacation rental for this year!

    ReplyDelete