Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hello Boston!







Original Post in front od Paul Revere's House




Glass sculptures dedicated to the Holocaust victims! The tiny #s are the actual recorded #s tattooed  on the victims arm! There over a million #s on these sculptures.  Sad.......


Full Moon from my campsite!
Good morning Vanessa, Mom and Dad (both sides) and anyone else who starts their day out with our blog!  We have moved again.  We are in a beautiful campground called Normandy Farms in Foxboro Massachusetts.  It was only a 2.0 hour tow from Connecticut and what a relief that was.  We have put over 6000 miles on the truck in just 1-1/2 months.  Today started off cold and drizzly and stayed that way all day.  Matter of fact is about 45 degrees out and I have a nice fire going next me as I'm outside looking at a full moon and listening to the music on the outside speakers!  Yes sir life is good!  Back to our day.  Karen and Norman had a TV shoot today with channel 25 in Boston, so we were up and at it at 7:00am heading to town and next thing i know we are getting pulled over by the D.O.T!  It seems that this guy thought I was hauling some foreign liquid in my extra gas tank in the bed.  He pulled me over and asked for my licence,insurance and medical card.  I had no idea what he meant by medical card and i asked "what do you mean medical card?"  He than asked what was in the big tank in my truck and i told him extra diesel for the truck and that we were traveling the USA with the kids and a camper.  He put 2 and 2 together and said have a nice day, sorry for the inconvenience.  I breathed a sigh of relief because we had just run a red light minutes earlier and i thought he was going to ticket me for that!  Back on the road creeping into Boston.  We were 1 hour early so we found a 50s diner and had breakfast which they promptly handed my credit card back and said "we only take cash!"  So off i walked to an ATM around the block.  Karen and Norman did a great job and 45 minutes later we were headed to downtown Boston. We parked in downtown to the tune of $36 for the day! Such a bargain huh?  We walked through Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall then down to Paul Revere's house.  Norman was the star because he got recognised several times and the crowds grew to get pics with him. We had some good pizza for lunch and then high tailed it out of the city by 2:00 before all the traffic hit. We got home around 4:00 and I went in for a nice nap.  I guess that's why the family is sleeping and I'm out here typing away and roasting marsh mellows while everyone sleeps!  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment