Sunday, June 12, 2011

Manchester and a surprise brithday party for the kids!










Connecticut.. we have arrived here and I feel like I can stretch my arms out because the roads are a little wider!  We settled in at our campground called Aces High which is very spacious and has three fishing ponds!  We got up 1st thing the next day and traveled to Hartford for Norman's two shows at local news stations.  Karen and Norman did a great job as usual and then we drove to Manchester to see my childhood stomping ground.  We visited my old house and grade school then found some lunch at a "grinder" shop because I was dying to try a grinder!  From there we met up with my godmother Nancy and her husband Bob for a surprise birthday party for the kids and some good ole fashioned fishing in the lake!  That evening Nancy and Bob offered to show us some of the sites in Connecticut and we gladly accepted and planned a few visits for the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment